Monday 22 November 2010

Home from home

I've already found 2 similarities between Uganda & my beloved Fowey :)
  1. The car ferry which took us across the Nile en route to safari (although this one was a tad rustier & surrounded by many more hippos),
  2. The brass band at dusk up in the grounds at Namirembe Cathedral overlooking the whole of Kampala playing THE FLORAL DANCE!!! Wow, that made me smile! I almost broke out into the old routine, ha ha.

2 of the differences:

  1. Coffins being transported via boda boda (horizontally, across the back. Dear God, I hope it was empty...)
  2. Bus windscreens being transported via boda boda (vertically, in the grip of an audacious / foolhardy passenger perched behind the driver).

& there are many more on the 2nd list!

2 comments:

Ellie said...

What about tweed and wellies? Are you seeing a lot of those around town? : )

Mel said...

I want to know what the Floral Dance is!